Maintaining youthful skin doesn’t require a visit to the plastic surgeon’s office. These days, anti-aging products that offer excellent results without invasive measures are hitting the market. Along with the use of such products, there are things you can do yourself to achieve firmer and younger-looking skin.
Thread Your Eyebrows
Getting your eyebrows threaded is said to be better than Botox because it opens and lifts your eye area without being invasive. Threading is the best way to get your eyebrows shaped and perfectly symmetrical because it gives the practitioner the most control during the process. This also means you can get the exact arches you want. But take the great results one step further by filling in your eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil. This helps to make your brows more dramatic and it properly frames your face.
Quit the Bad Habit
As you get older, your skin shows signs of aging but this process is exacerbated by smoking because nicotine narrows the blood vessels. This causes less oxygen and nutrients to be carried to your skin, resulting in a dull and wrinkled complexion. The chemicals that are found in tobacco also break down the skin’s elastin and collagen structures which are responsible for the skin’s firm yet flexible appearance.
Apply a Lifting Serum
You need a lifting serum in your beauty bag to help you target signs of aging and maintain a youthful complexion. Beauty by Clinica IVO Pitanguy PreVious Lifting Serum is light on your skin but highly concentrated. It contains important ingredients to boost your skin’s appearance. These include:
- Cantella asiatica, a herbaceous plant extract that improves collagen production of the skin.
- Peptide ‘Pt6’ that boosts the skin’s process of cell renewal, so that it can be restructured and healthier.
- Vitamin E that guards the skin against environmental pollutants.
By using the product you achieve firmer skin on your face that is lifted without the help of a plastic surgeon.
Brighten Your Eyes
When wearing eye makeup, you want to avoid anything under your eyes that makes the skin in the area look sunken, dull or dark – these instantly give your face an older appearance. Use an illuminating pencil or product that contains a pink hue. This serves to brighten up the skin under your eyes while lifting it. Be sure to also apply it to the eyelash line and in the inner corners of your eyes for extra sparkle.
Exercise Your Face
You hit the gym for your body but exercise should also be done on your face to firm it up! An easy move to try is one that works your cheek muscles. All you do is puff out your cheeks and then pat all over them with your hands. You want to feel the muscles aching. Try it twice a day to easily tone and lift the muscles in your face.
Give Yourself a DIY Facelift
By whipping up a few ingredients in a homemade recipe, you can achieve tighter, firmer skin. There are three parts to the process of the DIY facelift: exfoliation, tightening of pores, and moisturizing.
- First, mix sugar and olive oil, then apply this exfoliating blend to your skin. After massaging it for a few minutes, wash it off.
- Make a good toner with the following ingredients: 5 drops of almond essential oil, 1 teaspoon of witch hazel, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 cup of rose water. Mix them together and dab it on your face with the use of a cotton ball. This will tighten your pores while helping your skin create healthy new cells.
- Finally, add two tablespoons of your favorite moisturizer to 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of turmeric. Mix it well and apply it to your face. Let it sit for 20 minutes before washing it off. The honey and turmeric boost collagen, while the egg white provides firming action.
Forget needles and plastic surgery: with the right lifestyle and skin products, you can kiss sagging and wrinkled skin goodbye.