Getting beautiful skin is not always easy, especially if you peer into the mirror and notice enlarged pores or shiny skin that foundation can’t seem to keep under wraps. Here are some tips to achieve a perfect complexion and why Sothys Complexion Perfector should be the new addition to your makeup bag.
Makeup That Stays Put
One of the things that can ruin your complexion is facial contouring makeup that drips or smears away! There are many tricks to help your foundation stay put all day, come rain or shine. Some of these include:
- Allowing your moisturizer to be absorbed by your skin before you apply your foundation. Makeup is all about layering and you want to create a good foundation on which products can stick, so be patient and let every layer dry well before applying the next.
- Priming your skin with Sothys Complexion Perfector. It should be applied after your moisturizer and before you put on foundation. It is a long-lasting product that helps to keep your makeup in place, without drying it out. It feels luxuriously smooth and hydrating after application.
Lose the Grease
There’s nothing worse than feeling like your face is ready to break out into a shine or grease after you’ve meticulously applied your makeup. You can reduce shine in the following ways:
- Use a lighter night cream. You obviously still need to apply night cream, but you don’t want it to be too heavy. Whatever type of cream you’re currently using, opt for a formula that is lighter in consistency. For instance, if you are using a cream, start using a serum instead. You also want to look for ingredients such as salicylic acid that fight acne if you suffer from naturally oily skin.
- Make sure you use water-based – not oil-based – skincare products such as moisturizers. This will keep your skin’s oil under control so that your skin looks more matte.
- Choose smart powder. Your Sothys Complexion Perfector comes in handy when you want to eradicate shine as it is a product with a powdery consistency. It contains small soft focus powders that help to reflect light away from your skin so it doesn’t look greasy or shiny, while providing a matte effect. Best of all, it works well on all complexions.
- Go easy on the foundation. If you battle with oily skin, especially in the warmer months, a good tip is to wear less foundation. This prevents pores from clogging, which can increase your skin’s oil production. Sothys Complexion Perfector is great for use on its own, so you can still achieve a polished complexion without needing a foundation.
Downsize Your Pores
Pores can get in the way of a perfect complexion. What causes them to grow larger? It’s mainly due to bacteria, oil and dead skin cells that end up trapped in pores, stretching them. Luckily, this is only temporary and you can get them back to their normal size. Cleaning your face twice daily to get rid of everything that’s clogging your pores is a must so that they don’t stand out like sore thumbs when you’re striving for a smooth complexion!
Mattifying products also help to instantly make pores less noticeable because they absorb oil on the skin. Sothys Complexion Perfector contains Rosa Multiflora Thunberg Fruit extract which helps to refine pores. It is filled with polyphenols, antioxidants that minimize and tighten pores.
Make Sothys Complexion Perfector your new best friend so that you’ll smile whenever you look into the mirror.