You know the spa is a place to unwind, relax, and reconnect. But do you know all the psychological benefits you will enjoy when you make spa visits a regular habit? The spa industry is worth over $15 billion. This astronomic growth suggests that many are realizing the full range of wellness benefits regular spa visits have to offer, including these 7 psychological benefits.
7 Psychological Benefits of Going to the Spa
- Spas offer mindfulness time –While you enjoy your spa treatment or relax in the serene waiting room, you have the opportunity to relax and unwind alone. For many spa guests, this is an opportunity to practice mindfulness and take a break from social media and technology. Next time you visit the spa, allow your mind to drift and practice being in the present moment. Then enjoy the many benefits this delivers.
- Spa visits can soothe the blues –It can be difficult to nurture yourself when you’re feeling down, but if you can make it to the spa, the experience can lift your mood greatly.Massage promotes the emotional release of tension and sadness trapped in your body. If you’re going through a difficult time, treat yourself to regular spa visits to lighten your load.
- Spa treatments increase your self-esteem and self-confidence –Regularfacials improve your complexion, reduce fine lines, fade acne scars, and target problem areas. By having regular facials to improve skin health, you can increase your self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Treatments involving touch calm your stress response– Many spa treatments incorporate touch, which many people do not get enough of in their daily lives. When you enjoy a massage or other treatment, yourbody’s stress response calms down. Since there are many physical illnesses associated with stress, spa visits can protect both your physical health and psychological wellbeing.
- Group spa visits promote bonding –Do you prefer to go to the spa with friends, instead of alone? Then your regular spa visits offer the chance to get closer to your girlfriends, increasing bonds of friendship. This can make you feel happier and more connected!
- Aromatherapy treatments provide psychological boost –Whether you want to relax, re-energize, destress, or beat anxiety, aromatherapy spa treatments can help you adjust your mood. Add aromatherapy to your next body treatment to adjust your mood.
- Spas promote positive lifestyle changes –Spas promote wellness from a holistic perspective, including eating nourishing foods and making positive lifestyle changes. If you need a little psychological boost to change a bad habit or keep a good one, your regular spa habit can help you consciously make good choices throughout your life.
Has it been a while since you’ve come to our Miami day spa? Make an appointment today online or call us at 305-284-0669.